Thursday, January 17, 2008

Praying For Sleep

In bed at 10:00pm. Asleep for first time after 2am. Dern this sucks!! Refusing to take any narcotic sleep aid. I lay there thinking ok mom told me maybe God has me up to pray for someone. So, I lay there close my eyes and start to pray this prayer "Lord its 2am I would like to fall asleep. If I'm up to pray for someone then here I am. I am not angry with you Lord for keeping me up to pray, but I bet the person that needs prayer is sawing logs right now. Also I would like to ask you if this is going to be an ongoing deal do you think I could do my praying during the day?? If not its cool cause like I said I'm here for ya. But since no one really is popping out in my head lemme just say thanks for allowing me to live. Be with my fam through tomorrow and keep all my friends and family safe. I'll check ya later. Amen."

Before praying I think I counted every sheep I could think of even the black ones. I tried to think about one thing to focus on, it came to be replaying hands of poker. Not good for insomnia! Especially thinking about flopping a set of tens, getting all your money in with the best hand, and then a suckout on the river. (Bitterness?? Never heard of it.) Anyway I tried all the normal stuff to get to sleep. In the end it was a prayer that knocked me out for the night. Gotta give my madre some props for the hep! I think my praying needs to be done a lil earlier. If you need prayer lemme know, cause I'm up!! I gotcha covered. Buenos Noches!!

Keeping It Skinny,
FlacoJake


____________________________________________________________________________________
Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

No comments: