Sunday, January 13, 2008

Crowley Poker Series

Last night kicked off the 2008 Crowley Poker Series aka Tom and Mike's game. The new points system was very well recieved by all players present. It was a little on the light side for players. With several out of towners and just some plain ole no shows. The total count at shuffle and deal time was 9. It was fast and furious to say the least. The new chip count started everyone out with a healthy 4000 in chips. However, some people gave them away like they were stolen. I knew I should play a little conservative when the second pot consisted of three players and a pot worth around 10k. For the 9 player night 3 were paid. It ended up in my eyes as the outcome of the seasons final game. Tom B. coming in third paying $46, Mike N. coming in second paying $64, and myself taking first paying $112. The after game cash game was also very fruitful for me. Buying in for $20 my total cash out amount was around $25 in profit. But because I was feeling generous, I
gave my good buddy John some chip help by spotting him $10 on credit. I left the game feeling very good about how I played. I was also able to substantiate and confirm certain player reads I spotted in previous sessions. In summary it was a great game. The casual and layed back atmosphere really made the whole night a success. Thanks Mike and Tom for putting on a great tournament. Can't wait until Feb. 9th to do it again.

Keeping It Skinny,
FlacoJake

____________________________________________________________________________________
Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

No comments: