Monday, January 14, 2008

Estrogen Poisoning

Today was girl day at the Flaco house. After several poker dollars spent on new paint for my room and some new home decor, it was time for a jewelry party. As you can probably guess Dallas and I wanted to be as far away from all that estrogen as possible. I explained the danger of estrogen poisoning and our lack of gender specific glandular curves we were not issued so we needed to leave (just kidding). So, 2:40pm arrived it was time for us to hit it. We got into the car and I had no idea what we were going to do to occupy ourselves. Bright idea number one "let's go to a movie". We drive to the local theater to find out nothing is playing that fits our schedule or age group. Bright idea number two "let's go get daddys wheelchair and go to the mall". That was quickly shot down by Dallas because the percentage of toy stores versus all the other stores was not in good favor. So we finally arrived at a decision to run back by the house grab his transformers
and find a place to play. Well guess where we arrived the wendys/target parking lot. I needed some food so I got me some wendys we parked and jammed to the sounds of the iPhone. Here is where the fun began for me.

Dallas perked his head up and asked me "Daddy why are we in the car sitting in the parking lot and sissy and mommy are at the house?? We could be there playing or doing something fun too". I thought to myself man oh man is he having a crap time! But I sensed the question was not asked in the disgust of his fun factor not being met. I quickly told him that our day was a sacrifice day. Today was a day that as a husband, daddy, and brother we sacrifice our time and comfort zone for mommy and sissy. I could tell the wheels were turning and then it clicked. He looks at me and says "kind of like when jazz sacrifices his life fighting brave in transformers??" he even took his realization to the next step by saying "just like Jesus did too??" I was speechless and very proud of him. I confirmed his assumption with a frog in my throat and a nod. We were able to end our time out with a stroll into target where he was able to purchase with his own money a new, you
guessed it transformer. Needless to say first words from his mouth after opening were "daddy can you transform this??" With thoughts of our earlier conversation I immediatly pulled the car to the side of the road and transformed his new toy.

I wanted to end this post by saying how proud I am of both of my kids. Everyday they make me happy I'm alive. Each day they seperately help me in their own way put one foot in front of the other. They also remind me that everyday Candace and I are there as guides to God's basic life principles. I was brought up with the same simple and basic views on love, faith, hope, and so many other life topics. I want my childrens eyes to see our lives as the right examples and that be all the training they need. My dad has always told me kids are like VCR's they record everything that we do and say. That holds a lot of truth, good and bad. The bad part is sometimes parents are stupid! The good thing about that is sometimes as parents we get to press pause and rewind. In doing that we get to relearn some of the small yet most important life lessons through them.

Keeping It Skinny,
FlacoJake

____________________________________________________________________________________
Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

No comments: