Wednesday, July 16, 2008

2008 Main Event Final Table Set.

So the players left to battle for the 9 mil plus first prize of the 2008 WSOP main event is set. Out of the 9 remaining players 6 of them are pro poker players. This really says quite a bit about the poker boom and where poker is going. The average pro poker player seems to be around 25-27 years old, where's sunglasses at the table, wears a full tilt logo, plays very agressivly, and likes to shout "one time!! Come on one time!!" I should give this generations poker player their due props considering their success speaks very loudly. I will be looking into all the players at this years final table, and I will deliver some pre-play bios for each player. The final nine will have almost have an entire 4 months before starting final table play. This because of ESPN's decision to ensure production time. Actually, I'm sure the real reason for this decision is because its all about the benjemins!! This decision will boost the amount of final table viewers, and
boost revenue for WSOP sponsors. I don't think the final 9 have a problem with this ruling either. I mean if I was guaranteed 900k I would gladly hire a big name pro for 4 months of poker lessons. Also, if I was chip leader imagine the chopping deals that could be made between players. And can you imagine the sponsorship possiblities?? I am expecting the final 9 to look like nascars. Their clothes littered with logos of every poker company that exists. I am also guessing that the single male players will also get the opportunity to find their cylicone soulmates while waiting paitently for their 900k-9million dollar payday. I will be following the "November 9" and will keep you up to date.

Keeping It Skinny,
FlacoJake

No comments: