Sunday, February 14, 2010

30 And Still Rollin

Well today is a day that I'm very proud of. Today is not just another day. Today is a day where I'm reminded how big God is. 30 years ago today I was born into a loving family. A family that had no idea the struggles that would be ahead of them. Struggles both big and small, physical, financial, and emotional. We took them on and for the most part were successful in dealing with them. I don't know what kind of man I'd be without the struggles. I had an excellent dad to help shape me to be a provider and a good man. A great mom to teach me compassion, paitence, and how to love with all my heart. My brothers were an instrumental part of teaching me that true friendship is one of the most important things in life, just by being my best friends.

As I grew up God opened many doors for me. He allowed me accomplish so many things I never thought would be possible. The funny thing is if I didn't have muscular dystrophy all the good things in my life may not have been in my life. For these special reasons I'm grateful for MD. Without it I think my family would be differant, I wouldn't have met Candace, and in part I'd never have my children.

The struggles my own little family has had have been plenty, but again a good foundation has helped steer the ship. I have a strong woman in my life that has been through it all with me. She's a great teammate. She
helps shape a young girl into a woman and a boy into a man. I have a beautiful young lady in my life that reminds me everyday that strength can come in very small packages. She's a sassy young lady with a very big heart and I thank God for picking us to have her. God has also blessed me with a 9 year old boy who is becoming a young man quicker then I thought he would. He impresses me on a regular basis that loving someone is very easy. With each comment about his little girlfriend, his friends, or his family it shows me he has no condition to his love. I'm sure this will get him in trouble with the ladies, but I'll be there to help protect his heart.

I'm a firm believer that friendships are very important in life. In many cases friendships have saved me. I've made several friendships through an odd outlet. Poker has been a big part of my life for sometime now. Through poker I've made true friendships, influenced peoples lives, and in some aspects has taught me a lot about myself. Very odd that a game has been more a life tool to me then it has a game. I've always said that poker is a parallel to life. Playing poker has helped me play the game of life and living life has helped my poker game. I'll be playing both games as long as I can.

I just wanted to tell everyone thanks for the part you play in my life. I'm truly blessed with a great life. I would not change anything in the past. I'm thankful for everything that has been in my journey. I'm excited to see what Gods plan is for me in the years to come. Ill keep on keeping on no matter what. And I'll still try and live by my lifes motto "Teach By Living" I love you all and thanks for always being there for me.

No comments: